By Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope & Jamie Wooten
August 25 & 26, 2014 – 6:30 PM
at the Town Players theater – 5 S Broadway
Directed by Debbie Ellston
Performances: November 19th – 23rd
Rehearsals begin Oct. 2nd on Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays.
Characters needed: (9 women, 2 men to play ages 20’s to 50’s)
Also, 2 non-speaking parts for older women.
The following are the character descriptions:
* Geneva Musgrave, 50-60’s. Crusty owner of the town flower shop, also the local town gossip.
* Honey Raye Futrelle, 50ish. Oldest Futrelle sister, sexy, vivacious go-getter.
* Gina Jo (G.J.) Dubberly, Frankie and Dub’s daughter, 20’s. Guileless and enthusiastic, she is your typical Daisy Duke sort of girl.
* John Curtis Buntner, 35-55. Deputy sheriff, loves the ladies just as much as he loves his donuts and coffee.
* Twink Futrelle, middle Futrelle sister, 40’s. The “black sheep,” loud and the toughest of the s
* Dub Dubberly, Frankie’s husband, 40’s. Life revolves around NASCAR, hunting, and drinking beer — and playing Santa.
* Frankie Futrelle Dubberly, youngest Futrelle sister, 40’s. Pregnant with her 2nd set of twins, the most normal of the sisters and full of wit.
* Rhonda Lynn Lampley, 50’s. Flashy manager of The Dairy Dog, a cross between Martha Stewart and Paula Dean.
* Justin Waverly, 20’s. Interim Pastor at the Tabernacle of the Lamb, very sweet and innocent.
* Raynerd Chisum, adult male. Part-time employee at The Dairy Dog, very simple and earnest, always speaks from the heart.
* Patsy Price, 40-60. Elegant society matron, high-class and never wrong.